Southern Travels Private Limited (STPL) makes every effort to provide you with the best of the services, making your tour more pleasant and most memorable one. We strive and Endeavour to provide safe and secured tour without any misunderstanding between the tour escort, company and you.
Please read and understand the booking conditions for your holiday tour packages before you book any of the tours. The terms and conditions given below, on our website, the tour registration form and any other printed material together with FAQ (frequently asked questions) forms the basis of our contract with you.
Brochure / Leaflet accuracy :
Our "brochure" along with tour tariff is published in the current year. The information given in the brochure is as accurate as we can make it. All previous brochures, letters, Press Advertisement or any other modes of circulation stands cancelled. Errors and omissions may creep in. The maps used in the brochure are for reference only and are not to scale. We reserve every right to change any brochure information before or after the tour is booked due to any events beyond our control. The tour itinerary, price, departure date, and hotels are subject to change. If we are aware of the changes sufficiently beforehand we will inform you in advance. Otherwise, our tour escorts or local representative will inform you about the change during the tour.
- "Passenger / You / Guest / Customers / Clients, mean the person in whose name and on whose behalf booking and / or whole name is on the booking form is made.
- Company / We / Us / Southern Travels Pvt. Ltd. / STPL. mean Southern Travels Pvt. Ltd.
- Brochure means this brochure published in the current year.
- Independent Contractor means "any hotelier / hotel owner / Vehicle owner/ Owner of any Airlines or any other person or organization that has been selected by the company to render services to the passenger.
- Standard Package means A.C. Transportation, A.C. Accommodation (in a decent budget hotels and Deluxe Package means A.C. Transportation, A.C. Accommodation (except Hill Stations) in Hotel room equivalent to 3 Star facilities.
We are basically travel, tour and holiday organizers only. We do not control or operate any airlines or any other mode of transport like railways, motor, buses, coaches, etc. We also do not own or control any hotel (except Hotel Southern at New Delhi which is an associate of our's), transport or any other facility mentioned in the brochure. We take utmost care in selecting Restaurants / Hotels / Coaches / Vans / Boat Houses / Motels or Places of Stay for making your holidaying a comfortable one. We only select the Hotels/Motels or Places of Stay and do not have any control over them. Thus, we are not responsible for injury or personal harm, death or damage to personal property which may be caused by the act or default of the management or employees of any independent contractor, hotelier, airlines, coach owner/ operator, arising outside our normal selection and inspection process. It is imperative that all passengers travelling through STPL or any tours organized by STPL. Abide, comply and strictly observe all the terms and conditions laid down herewith. While booking online/offline for any of our fixed/customized tour(Domestic/International), we take this as your consent automatically to allow us send promotions through sms/email.
There are preset menus for the meals provided on the tours. Packaged meals are served at some of the places. The types of meals are mostly South Indian vegetarian food. No complaints/ claims for refund in respect of the meals will be entertained and the company reserves the right to change the menu and arrangements of the meal without assigning any reasons therefore. In some places food & water will be provided en-route at the available restaurants. We do not have any control on those arrangements.
STPL has taken utmost care in selecting hotels which are comfortable. Most of the hotel rooms have private bath or shower and may be located in the centre or away from the city, but out of our vast experience, to provide good hotels at reasonable tariffs to your utmost comfort, engaging hotels away from city center becomes unavoidable. Air-conditioning, central heating, any other facility are at the hoteliers discretion, depending upon factors such as weather conditions, local circumstances.
Triple sharing rooms are not larger than twin sharing rooms and third bed is (often a roll -away - mattress) put in Double bedded room. The passengers will have to abide by the check in and checkout times of the hotels. Usually, the check in time in many of the hotels is 12 Noon and check out time is 10 AM. Early arrivals and late departure should be adjusted by the guests themselves as per the respective check in and checkout time. If you reach before 12 Noon only fresh up arrangements are made while rooms are allotted from 12 Noon. We will not be responsible or liable in case of loss of baggage or personal effects from the hotels. Safe Deposit Lockers are available in most hotels. You are advised to keep your valuables in the safe deposit lockers, at the time of check in and not in your hotel room. Any damage caused to the hotel during your stay shall be payable by you and the company will not be liable for the same.
Accommodation for Child up to 11 years of age :
A child below 12 years of age who is booked on the tour by paying the special rate without a bed will not be provided with a bed in the hotel while on the tour under any circumstances. In case the tour participant makes any changes in the rooming arrangement while on the tour, the company shall not make any refunds or pay any compensation to them. In case the tour participant decides to make any changes in the rooming while on the tour subject to availability, then he/she shall be bound to pay additional amount charged by the concerned Hotel directly to the Hotel.
Coach / Sitting :
There is a strict ''NO SMOKING", "NO ALCOHOL" & "NO EATING" policy in the travel mode. Carrying of high value items in the bus will be at your own risk. We advise you not to leave them behind when you leave the coach. Company will not be responsible or liable in case of loss/ theft / damage of such items from the coach. Any damage caused by you to the coach during the travel shall be paid by you and the company will not be liable for the same.
We use air-conditioned or non air-conditioned 9 / 12 / 25 / 27 / 35 / 43 / 45 seated vehicles, Jeeps, Vans or Taxis depending upon the requirements of the tourists.
It is presumed that the tourists who have booked the tour have gone through the itinerary & is well aware about the same. It is presumed that the tourist is medically fit to undertake the said tour. The person who is medically fit to undertake the said tours shall join the said tour. The persons who are and/ or who have suffered from any ailments for which they have taken medical treatment have gone into check up hospitalization, shall not join the said tour. Many a times a tour manager is unable to pay any attention and / or to provide medical treatment for any tourist who requires medical attention. The tourist(s) will have to make their own arrangement on the tour for medical assistance. The tour manager may not be in a position to help the tourist. The tour leader have to proceed as per itinerary because of other members of the group may require his attention to follow the tour itinerary. The company shall not be responsible for any lack of attention on the tour.
Photographs or Video clips :
Company reserves the right to use photographs or video clips of the tourist taken on tour & / or given by tourist, for promotion of the company's business without obtaining prior permission of the concerned tourist.
Itinerary changes :
We may operate more than one coach on a specified date of the tour depending upon the demand for more bookings of the tour by the tourists. Sometimes we may change the direction, or slightly modify the itinerary. We will advise you of these amendments prior to the commencement of the tour or otherwise during the tour. In the event of passenger / joining passenger misses out on any part of the sightseeing tour, or any such tour, due to delay on his part, he will not be entitled to claim refund for the same.
Tour Price :
The price quoted in our brochure or proposal by mail / e-mail and any other mode of communication has been calculated as per the rates prevailing at the time of printing this brochure and also as per the prevailing Inter-state taxes / Fuel Charges, etc. The company reserves the right to amend / alter the prices published in the brochure or quoted by any other means, in case of suppliers rate fluctuation, increase in fuel cost, increase in state taxes, or increase in any other item relevant to the tour before the date of departure. Any such increase in rate must be paid for by the tourist in full before the departure of the coach/bus/vehicle, etc.
Tour inclusions and Exclusions :
All services such as hotel accommodation & transportation are pre blocked well in advance. We are liable to pay penalties to all our suppliers / vendors /independent Contractors if these services are released within a mentioned time frame.
If a passenger has to cancel the tour due to any reasons, then he or she would have to make an application in writing to that effect, along with the original receipt issued by the company. Such cancellations will attract cancellation charges as given below.
CANCELLATION RULES - Cancellation is charged on full fare
For Fixed Departure Package Tours (seat in coach basis)
CT-V/CT/AD/AM-V/HR/JA-V/JAPA-V/MUH-AC and Tours of Southern, Western, Eastern
- Before 48 hours of the departure of the bus - 10%
- Before 24 hours of the departure of the bus - 50%
- Before 4 hours of the departure of the bus - 90%
- Within 4 hours of the departure of the bus - NO REFUND
- Before 7 clear days of the departure of the bus - 10%
- Before 3 clear days of the departure of the bus - 50%
- Before 4 hours of the departure of the bus - 90%
- Within 4 hours of the departure of the bus - NO REFUND
KTMP, KTP and KTM are as per the rules mentioned in the detailed brochure.
- Before 10 clear days of the journey date - 50%
- Within 7 days - NO REFUND
No refund for No shows or after the commencement of the tour or delayed arrivals of the participants for whatsoever reasons.
- 21 days prior to the date of arrival in Kathmandu - INR 8000 (of the total advance paid per person)
- 14 days prior to the date of arrival in Kathmandu - 30% of the total tour cost
- 10 days prior to the date of arrival in Kathmandu - 70% of the total tour cost
No refund thereafter, No refund for No show or after the commencement of the tour or delayed arrivals of the participants for whatsoever reasons.
Similarly, after the commencement of the tour, if any participant cancels the trip due sickness or for any reasons whatsoever, there will not be any refund at all and hence, cannot be adjusted with any services provided from the point of canceling the trip. All the extra expenses involved in surface/air transportation, accommodation, treatment etc. should be borne by the concerned participant or by the next of kin of the participant.
ED-05 and ED-06
- The cancellation charges will be applicable irrespective of Druk Air flight cancellations
- 90- 45 Days prior to the operation of the booked tour - INR 5000.00
- 44-30 Days prior to the operation of the booked tour - 10 % of total tour cost
- 29-21 Days prior to the operation of the booked tour - 20 % of total tour cost
- 20-14 Days prior to the operation of the booked tour - 25 % of total tour cost
- 13-08 Days prior to the operation of the booked tour - 40 % of total tour cost
- 07-04 Days prior to the operation of the booked tour - 60 % of total tour cost
- 03-00 Day prior to the operation of the booked tour - 100 % of total tour cost
Holiday Package tours
- Before 7 clear days of the journey date - 50%
- Before 2 clear days of the journey date - 80%
- within 2 days of the journey date - 90%
Cars, Vans, Jeeps, Tempo Traveler and coach rentals
- Before 24 hours of the departure of the vehicle - 10%
- Within 24 hours of the departure of the vehicle - 25%
- The company reserves the right for variation / modification/ amendments/alteration & / or cancellations etc. of any tour prior to departure without assigning any reason. In such cases, the entire amount paid by the tourist shall be returned by the company by "A/C Payee" Cheque against production of original receipt issued by us, in Indian rupees at the prevailing rate of exchange on the date of the cheque, as per Reserve bank of India rules and regulations, irrespective of whether the tour payments in part or whole were made in foreign currency and no additional compensation will be applicable whatsoever.
- No refund will be payable for any missed/ or unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason.
Refund against online ticket cancellation :
In case of the online ticket cancellations done against the bookings made using the Credit card then the refund amount after deducting the cancellation charges as applicable will be credited back to the same credit card used while booking within 4 to 5 working days from the date of cancellation and if it was through Net banking then the refund amount will be credited back to the same bank account within 10-15 working days.
Compensation charges for Air/Rail reservations, tours conducted by independent contractors or agencies other than STPL, are applicable as per the rules of Air/Rail/Cruise and independent contractors or agencies. Any refund payable to the tourist will be given only after the receipt of funds from these agencies after deduction of necessary charges, etc.Note : If A.C. fails, an amount of 5% per head charges would be refunded. In case of State Government / Private Resorts / Hotels where full deposit has to be paid in advance to enable us to confirm the reservation, no refund will be given if services are amended / preponed / postponed/ cancelled/ or not utilized.
Important conditions :
Passengers acceptance of the receipt while making the advance, full payment, passengers signature on the booking form, proposal, receipt, or paying the advance amount shall mean accepting in totality of the Ã¢â‚¬Å“terms and conditionsÃ¢â‚¬Â contained herein by the passenger(s).
There is no contract between the company and the passengers until the company has received the advance for the tour. Full payment must be received one week before the departure of the tour. In case the booking is made within one week, then full payment has to be paid at the time of booking itself. If the full amount is not paid up at the time of booking the tour, the company reserves the right to cancel the booking subsequently resulting in the loss of deposit and also apply the cancellation charges as mentioned herein.
To amend, alter, vary or withdraw any tour.
For EMI Transactions, We will not accept refund cases with regard to quality/service related issues once the payment is received. This also include no show full or partly or under ulilastion of services etc
For all claims, disputes of whatsoever nature relating to the tours operated, marketed / coordinated by Southern Travels Pvt. Ltd., the courts in Delhi shall alone have jurisdiction and the laws of Republic of India shall apply.
Service taxes will be charged as applicable
LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THE COMPANY
The liability of the company is restricted only to the making reservation in accordance with the tourist requirements and no further. Company is not liable for any loss of person or property caused or damaged or suffered by the tourist or account of deficiency in services by any independent contractor. Any gesture of courtesy extended by the company to the tourist to minimize such loss or damage will not constitute an admission of such liability or a waiver. The company shall in no circumstances whatsoever is liable to the tourist or any other person for any loss or expenses incurred due to:
- Theft or any other reason whatsoever during the tour and the entire responsibility of taking care of their valuables shall be that of the tourist,
- Train or flight delays, on account of any reason whatsoever rescheduling or cancellation of train/ flights/ inter-connection meals not being served etc.
- Any overstay expenses on account of any delay or changes in air, bus, ship, train or cancellation of special bogie on account of force majeure including weather conditions, strike, war, quarantine, or any other reason whatsoever.
- Any personal injury, sickness, accident, loss, delay, discomfort, consequential loss and / or damage or any damage to baggage or personal effects howsoever caused.
- Death of the tourist while on tour and all applicable rules and procedures of law are to be followed strictly and all procedures pertaining to the death will have to be tackled and handled by the tourist or their relatives at their own cost and consequences.
- Any injury, loss, personal harm, death or damage caused to any person or property by the act or default of the management or employees or agents of any independent contractor.
- Any damages, additional expenses for any consequential losses suffered by the tourist due to cancellation, amendment and or alterations of any of the services of the tour mentioned in the itinerary or brochure by the company after the registration or booking by the tourist.
- Any sightseeing missed and/ or the program being curtailed after commencement of the tour and / or before the due period on account of force majeure including any unavoidable circumstances and any reason beyond company control including political riots, natural calamity, Floods, Landslides, closure of monument for any reason, monuments under renovation, VIP movement and security, heavy rush at sightseeing places, road traffic congestion, etc , all the loss or expenses will have to be borne by the passengers.
EACH OF THIS CONDITION SHALL BE SEVERABLE FROM OTHER IF ANY PROVISION DECLARED INVALID, ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE, THEN REMAINING PROVISIONS NEVERTHELESS HAS FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
complaints & Grievances:
If the passenger has any complaint in respect of the services provided by STPL or any other independent contractor, the passengers shall immediately notify the same in writing to the independent contractor and a copy thereof should be handed over to the Tour Manager to enable STPL to take up the matter with the independent contractor. Any claim or complaint by the passenger must be notified to the company in writing within seven days after the tour completion date. No claims from the passengers will be entertained by the company beyond seven days of completion of the tour. Also, the company shall incur no liability in respect thereof.
LTC / LFC Tours :
Southern Travels Pvt. Ltd. is recognized by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. Our receipts of L.F.C are approved by all Banks and Corporate Offices, including Life Insurance Corporation of India.
General Information :
The company reserves the right to unconditionally refuse a booking and terminate all services to a passenger on tour in the event of unreasonable behavior at any time.
Single passenger traveling alone must pay single supplement charges (Single Adult in a room) mentioned in the brochure.
The information given regarding distances covered, Tour accommodation, prices or any other information in the brochure are on approximate basis and subject to change.
The seats of last row in some of our 9/25/27/35/41/45 coaches do not have push back facility. Please make a note of this point, at the time of booking the last row seats. No claim for non push back seats shall be entertained later. Transport charges between Manali - Rohtang Pass and Travel by Pony (horse) or Doli and other incidentals from Gaurikund to Kedarnath / Janaki Chetti to Yamunotri / Katra to Vaishno Devi / Kufri Ice Point and back are not included in the tour fare.
Additional expenditure per head in the tours towards pony, local transport within the City wherever our coaches are not allowed to ply are as follows: Shimla - Kullu - Manali Tour: Rs. 1500/- : Manali - Vaishno Devi Tour: Rs. 4,000/- : Chardham Tour Rs. 1500/- to Rs. 9,000/- Badrinath - Kedarnath Tour: Rs. 1,500/- to Rs. 5,000/- : This information is given to you for the sake of budgeting. The rates are subject to change and are only an approximate estimation. In Hill Stations like Mussoorie and Pilgrim centres like Badrinath Kedarnath & Gangotri - Yamunotri, only smaller buses are allowed to ply in these regions on account of restrictions for Hill Fitness. We are operating 25 / 27 seater coaches to these places. Seats of last row in some of our 25 / 27 seater coaches (i.e., from Seat No. 21 to 25 / 23 to 27) will not have push back facility.
Please purchase entrance tickets from the monuments / Museums directly. There would be a free entrance for children below 5 years. Tourists may carry their luggage in our buses at their own risk and responsibility.
Kindly adhere to the time schedule announced by our Tour Guide / Driver at every point to ensure covering of all places. If you happen to miss the bus, you will have to make your own arrangements to reach the next sightseeing spot/point.
Conveyance charges from the Bus alighting point to Monuments / Hotels and other places where the tourist buses cannot ply due to the traffic regulations /conditions, are to be borne by the tourists.
Air Conditions (A.C.) in the vehicle means, cooling will be provided in summers on the plain areas and A.C. will not function on hilly roads due to technical reasons.
The Package tours mentioned in the website do not include hotel accommodation, food and other incidentals at Delhi. All our buses start from our New Delhi Office to different destinations in respect of North India Tours and will come back to Delhi, after completion of the tour.
No Food will be supplied at Kedarnath, Yamunotri and Vaishno Devi as our Catering units cannot reach these places. You have to take food in the hotel at your own cost at these three places.
Cloak Room and Safety Lockers facility are available at Hotel Southern, New Delhi.
Tourists are at liberty to make purchases from anywhere they like. The company does not take any responsibility for their purchases and does not recommend any particular shop.
If the vehicle is held up due to land slides or any other reason en-route the tour, food and accommodation is to be borne by the tourists.
We accept Payment by Credit card & net banking from below mentioned Banks :
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank Dhanalaxmi
- Beam Cash Card
- Citi Bank
- HDFC Net Banking
- IDBI Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- South Indian
- State Bank of Mysore
- United Bank of India
- AXIS Bank
- Bank Indian Overseas Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Development Credit Bank (DCB)
- ICICI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Kotak Mahindra
- Standard Chartered
- State Bank of Travencore
- Vijaya Bank
- Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- City Union Bank
- Deutsche Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- ING Vysya Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- State Bank of India
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
- Bank of Bahrain & Kuwait
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Federal Bank
- I-Cash Card
- J&K Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- State Bank of Hyderbad
- Union Bank of India